High Asset Divorce Lawyers in Lawrenceburg TN
Williamson County Family Law Attorneys Who Care About You
Getting divorced is never an easy decision. Indeed, even if you have emotionally terminated the relationship, taking legal action can be expensive, complicated, and more stressful than you’d like. And if you have a unique situation, such as being part of a high asset marriage, your divorce case may be even more complex and a settlement more burdensome to reach, and there may be more on the line for you to lose. At the law offices of The Long Firm, LLC, our Williamson County high asset divorce lawyers are experienced in divorce cases like yours, and know how to advocate for your best interests.
Unique Considerations in a High Asset Divorce
All divorcing couples will face myriad issues that they need to resolve, such as how property will be divided, who will take primary custody of the children, whether or not alimony will be part of the divorce settlement, and more. Those who are part of a high asset marriage may face these issues, as well as considerations directly related to their high asset status. These include:
- Identification of assets. It can be much more complicated in a high net worth divorce for assets to be identified, and in some cases, a spouse may even try to hide assets in a divorce in order to prevent them from becoming part of a divorce settlement.
- Division of complex property. While property does not have to be divided equally between spouses in a Tennessee divorce, it does need to be divided in a manner that is equitable. This can be challenging to do when property is complex or is not real property, such as interest in a business or investments. Retirement accounts, investments, stocks, real estate holdings, assets held in a trust, and more must all be considered.
- Spousal support. An award of spousal support is common in a divorce settlement. In a high net worth divorce, spousal support is likely, especially when there is a large disparity in income and assets between the parties.
- Tax consequences. It seems as though the more assets an individual or couple owns, the more complicated the laws surrounding the taxes of those assets become. A divorce settlement can have a serious effect on taxes, and many high asset couples weigh this heavily when negotiating a divorce settlement.
How an Experienced Williamson County High Asset Divorce Lawyer Can Help
Our attorneys are experienced in representing clients in high asset divorce cases, and can assist you by:
- Working with financial and other experts to help you understand the consequences of a divorce settlement;
- Uncovering hidden assets;
- Explaining the law and your rights under it;
- Protecting your confidentiality and anonymity (high asset divorces involving celebrities or other well-known individuals often become public);
- Negotiating your divorce settlement; and
- Representing you in divorce court if settlement cannot be reached.
Call Our Lawrenceburg County High Asset Divorce Attorneys Now
Ensuring that your divorce case is settled in a fair manner is important, especially if you are a high asset individual. To learn more about how we can help, call our Lawrenceburg and Williamson County high asset divorce lawyers now for a free consultation. Reach us by phone, or tell us a little bit about your case using the contact form on our website.